Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Bill Campbell: Misanthrope Show -- Episode 27: No Effin Clue

I'll admit it, I'm feeling a bit weird today. Yesterday, I was happy for the end of the Clintonian sell-out Don't Ask/Don't Tell, but I've been even more disheartened by Georgia's decision to execute Troy Davis. I'm not particularly surprised. The one thing I've learned about our justice system is that they'd rather keep someone falsely imprisoned or put an innocent man to death than ever admit a mistake. Nevertheless, I spent yesterday morning every official in Georgia I possibly could to register my dissent. A whole lotta good it'll do. In America, the barbarians are not at the gate. They hold the fucking keys.

Aside from that, in my quest to become an amateur historian, I've been reading about slavery a lot. Never a recipe for happy times.

So, I was pretty much at a loss as to what to play for this week's Bill Campbell: Misanthrope Show. I hope you enjoy:




The J.B. Horns – Future Shock (Dance Your Pants Off)

Curtis Mayfield – Future Shock
Sly & The Family Stone – Trip to Your Heart
The Coasters – Down Home Girl
Etta James & Sugar Pie DeSanto – In the Basement
Chris Joss – Discotheque Dancing
Usha Iyer – Freak-Out Music
The Bamboos – Happy
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Night of the Lotus Eaters
Baby Namboos – Hard Times
DJ Krush – Toki No Tabiji (Journey of Time)
Blu w/El Prez, Pac Div, Uni, JDavey, Tiron & Ayomari – Doin’ Somethin’
Pharoahe Monch w/Lady Luck, Redman, Method Man, Busta Rhymes, Shabaa S – Simon Says (Remix)
Viktor Vaughn ft. Kool Keith – Doper Skiller
Colossus w/Roots Manuva – You a Grown Man Now
Shuggie Otis – Ah Uh Mi Hed
The Staple Singers – I Got to Be Myself
Foster Sylvers – Misdemeanor
Triads – If You’re Looking for Love
Ike Turner’s Kings of Rhythm – Funky Mule
The Heavy – That Kind of Man

Raphael Saadiq – Skyy, Can You Feel Me
Chrisette Michele – Your Joy
The Funky Lowlives – Irreplaceable


No comments:

Post a Comment