Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Buy Pop Culture Today!!!

The electronic version of my new book, Pop Culture: Politics, Puns, and Poohbutt from a Liberal Stay-at-Home Dad, went on sale just a few minutes ago--apparently.


Buy it today for less than $8 (the royalties should be just enough to buy Poohbutt some chicken nuggets):


http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=viewbook&BOOK=736940





WHAT THE BLOGGERS ARE SAYING ABOUT POP CULTURE:






"Bill's essays are by turns funny, serious, angry, insightful, and always compelling. He made me rethink much of what I thought I knew. I loved seeing politics and pop culture through his eyes."

--Steve Denton, Monkey Muck  


“Bill Campbell tackles race and religion, culture and class, politics and parenthood in this whip-smart collection of articles, essays and rants.  Both urban and urbane, his writing is sharp and modern, adorned with moments of great humor, insight and tenderness (and not only where his little daughter is concerned).”

--Shani Ferguson, Ratphooey  


“Campbell gives us interesting mini history lessons as they relate to current events.  And makes us LIKE them.  Dude cracks me up.”

--politickybitch  




“One well-deserved criticism of the blogosphere is, it's too white.  Bill Campbell's book amplifies a very smart, happily irreverent, and beholden to no one African-American blog voice above the progressive blog cacophony.  It's very welcome.”

--Frances Langum, Blue Gal and Crooks and Liars  


"The smart woman's daddy-blogger! When I want to get the pulse of the current political scene, I turn to Bill Campbell. I don't watch any of the plethora of 3-lettered news programs, I read Bill.  And when I want to giggle and smile at the not-your-average Daddy stories, Bill does not disappoint! His witty diatribes surprise and titillate. The range of history that he knows and draws from is impressive and I come away from reading Bill feeling informed and inspired.  If you like politics, history and satire with an added dose of parent humor, you've got the right book."

-- Andi Fisher, Misadventures with Andi  


“If Bill Cosby was hipper and less cranky, he’d be Bill Campbell.  Equal parts historian, cultural critic, and comedian, Campbell takes on a host of topics including “paper patriots”, hip hop cold cases, Catholicism, “lefty films”, economics, and fatherhood. Whether riffing on the race card, waxing nostalgic about the summer of ’88, or reviewing Philip Roth, this “liberal stay-at-home dad” delivers. Pop Culture is a delightful fix for the pop-culture junkie!”

--Deesha Philyaw, co-founder, CoParenting101.org


“Hip-hop, Obama and Poohbutt, what more do you want?  Wistful and open, this book is a Gen-X look at hope through politics and family.  It says all those things you were thinking, only funnier.”

--Iasa Duffy, Blissfully Unaware Lounge Singer  


“I first got turned on to Bill's blog because of the name. It just fascinated me. Then I actually started reading  and...well, he had me at hello. Bloggers, for the most part, aren't really writers. That's why it's always refreshing to find someone who can actually do both. Bill has put together some of his most insightful and refreshing posts and observations about the current American cultural and racial scene, and it's a must-read for anyone who is interested in where this country has been, and, ultimately, where it's going. Pick up Bill's book, and like me; I promise you won't put it down.  

-- Wayne M. Bennett, Esq. The Field Negro 

2 comments:

  1. I'm ADD. I love essays. Will be grabbing your new book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. Lemme know what you think.

    ReplyDelete